gumi Asia is expanding at a rapid pace worldwide in the mobile gaming industry. We can’t do it without having the best and brightest helping us. So if you happen to be a highly motivated and talented person with a penchant for designing and producing games, you’ll fit right in with our company. We all share common goals and passions, be it for video games or being kickass at making them. We know when to have a boatload of fun, and we know when it’s time to get our gears grinding and heads cracking to create enriching mobile gaming experiences. Our doors are open. Are you game to enter?
Server Developer / Senior Server Developer
Responsible for programming and maintaining mobile social game server-side game logic, using PHP or Python, Django/Flask, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Git, Capistrano, etc.
- Responsible for programming and maintaining mobile social game server-side game logic, using PHP / Python, Django/Flask, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Git, Capistrano, etc
- Will also have opportunity for client-side iOS/Android native app programming if interested.
- Will be part of an established team to support some of our existing games, develop new games, and support a fast growing customer base. Current games are browser-based web applications; future games will be full native games that communicate to a server back-end
- Work with everyone from QA to system admins to fix bugs and resolve production issues in a timely manner
- Experience developing web applications or server-side game back-end using languages such as Java, PHP, Ruby or Python
- Interest in developing a variety of mobile game genres
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good understanding of software development methodologies
- Experience working with artists and designers
- Self-directed within a team context
- Enjoys an environment where personal and professional development are encouraged and supported
- Creative, innovative, positive problem solving perspective
- Able to contribute in other areas such as game design
Reporting to the Producer, the candidate is responsible for helping to manage the game project from the planning stage, production to publishing. The role also includes a solid comprehension of social and digital services as well as a creative vision, good knowledge of other major discipline like art, programming, or game design.
- Assist in overseeing the development of game production from concept to live online operations (end to end)
- Help to manage a diverse team of artists, game designers and external vendors
- Assist in collection of estimates from design, art, programming, and QA leads to generate project schedules and set release dates
- Ensure all tasks are on track, monitor multiple projects and make adjustments accordingly.
- Collaborate with team leads to ensure that all deadlines are being met and alleviating dependencies that block development
- Review schedules and define what is expected in each milestone/sprint
- Provide regular reports on the game’s performance and make recommendations & adjustments
- Analyze data metrics and recommend improvements to the product in order to improve the revenue model, marketing, new user acquisition, and existing user retention
- Updating of in-game news.
- Minimum Degree/diploma in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, with 1-2 published titles
- Possess great communication and presentation skills
- Possess the leadership skills to lead a team of 12 or more staff
- Have a strong interest in mobile games
- Proven abilities to identify, understand, prioritize, plan and articulate market & customer requirements
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics driven decision making
- A passionate, performance-driven individual with a strong business acumen
- Leadership, ability to work as part of a team and establish relationships with other departments
- Ability to adapt and to manage changes
- Reliability, ability to work under tight deadlines
- Play a central role in the development of our iOS/Android application, ensuring that core architectures are designed for efficiency and reuse
- Develop gameplay systems and user interface mechanics
- Understand the client archietecture to make modifications, enhancements and improvements to the game
- Collaborate closely with UI designers and backend engineers to integrate assets and implement features
- Work on coding key game elements with our designers, artists and other developers in a fast-moving dynamic environment
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies
- Promote code maintainability, extensibility, and reusability
- Bachelor Degree/Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of production experience with the Cocos 2DX game engine, targeting a mobile platform
- Solid computer graphics background, possess strong problem solving skills
- Strong fundamental knowledge in either Unity3D or Cocos2DX engines
- Strong background in C/C++, Objective-C, C# and Mobile Software Development (iOS, Android)
- At least one title shipped to production using the Cocos2DX/Unity3D engine, targeting a mobile platform
- An aptitude of learning and penchant of sharing knowledge with other team members
Don’t see a position that fits your experience and skills? Feel free to apply here to share your résumé and let us know why you’re the missing piece we didn’t even know we needed! Write in to firstname.lastname@example.org!